Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cool Stuff: Pixar-Styled 'Ghostbusters'


In February I e-mailed Italian graphic artist Fabrizio Fioretti about a couple Ghostbusters images I had seen floating around the internet forums. The images were created in 3D, and can only be described as a Pixar-like adaptation of the Ghostbusters characters we know and love. Check out the designs after the jump.

CGI Ghostbusters:  Winston Zeddemore with a massive TerrorDog CGI Ghostbusters: Ray Stantz with electric Tony Scoleri CGI Ghostbusters: Egon Spengler with creepy librarian ghost CGI Ghostbusters: Peter Venkman with Slimer

Fioretti told me that there were "no particular reasons" why he decided to create CGI versions of the Ghostbusters other than being "a big fan and I haven't seen anybody doing it (in CG) so far…" Here is an excerpt from my e-mail conversation with Fioretti:

It's a personal project, took me long time as I could work on it only in the evening and weekends. I 've also done everything on my own (design, modelling, texturing, lighting, rendering…etc…). I don't have any further plan at the moment as an animation would take a time or more time, which I don't have… Maybe some other GBs images…maybe. :) From a technical point of view, I used 3D and 2D softwares like Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Nuke. I come from Italy but moved to London 4 years ago. I worked in advertisement for a long time (as you can see from my professional portfolio) and I recently joined Bluebolt, a visual effects company, working for TV and Film industry.

You can find more of Fioretti's work on his website kip3d.net.

  • No Related Post

read more ..